Special Guest: Dave Reed!
Dave Reed helps us drool over OC ReMix's latest album "Balance and Ruin" while discussing exactly what it is that draws us into playing a video game.
- 00:00 - Introductions (now with music!)
- 02:10 - What is OC ReMix?
- 10:40 - Are old game soundtracks better than new game soundtracks?
- 17:20 - Which was better, the original Square or the original Enix?
- 22:50 - Which first entry was better, Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior?
- 26:30 - What attributes do "games that matter" have?
- 27:50 - What game had a fresh new mechanic?
- 31:20 - What game had a fresh graphic style or perspective?
- 36:40 - What game had a new approach to an old genre?
- 42:00 - Are modern sequels able to live on their own merits?
- 46:30 - What games had a stories that people cared about?
- 64:00 - Hot seat and wrap up!
- FFVI:Balance and Ruin - Prologue (Opening Theme)
- FFVI:Balance and Ruin - A Fistful of Nickels (Shadow)
- FFVI:Balance and Ruin - Savage Dance (Wild West)
- FFVI:Balance and Ruin - The Impresario (Opera Sequence)
- FFVI:Balance and Ruin - Remember (Awakening)
- FFVI:Balance and Ruin - Tastes Like Victory (Fanfare)