Special Guests: Sam Fold (The Brit) and Somer Esat (The Aussie)!
Quest 24 goes culturally wild with a Brit, an Aussie, and your all 'Merican Duo as we deep dive into the geekiness of their cultures while comparing it to our very own!
- 00:00 - Mic Check and International Introductions
- 04:00 - Where is Somer from, and do they read manga there?
- 07:50 - Did Tom get his money's worth from his Next Generation HD Blu-rays?
- 10:45 - Why is Jordan only Paragon Level 75, or how long can one cold last?
- 13:40 - If Sam is so hardcore, then why hasn't he beaten NetHack yet?
- 17:00 - Is America setting geek culture trends for the rest of the world?
- 19:20 - When did it become cool to be a programmer?
- 22:35 - Is British geek culture on the rise again?
- 25:00 - Why might Australians be adverse to geek culture?
- 27:45 - Is the Big Bang Theory just making fun of geeks?
- 30:30 - What are our respective culture's definitions of "geek"?
- 39:00 - Is there anything so nerdy that it could only happen in the US?
- 43:00 - Are we in the middle of a board game Renaissance?
- 44:45 - Is Dungeons & Dragons still the pinnacle of geek culture?
- 50:40 - Is the prevalence of comic books specific to American geek culture?
- 56:50 - How do different nerd cultures perceive each other?
- 61:00 - What aspect of Australian geek culture influences Americans most?
- 64:00 - What aspect of British geek culture influences Americans most?
- 68:30 - Wrap up and hot seat!